We are setting up our 2018 projects
We have been working closely with the Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Northeast team to define volunteer projects that will directly and positively effect our fishing in the South Park area for this year, finally getting ready to work around Bear Creek now that the NEPA process is coming to completion, and working to restore greenbacks into the South Platte Basin.
2018 Project List – An ever growing List
Here are the list of 2018 projects as we define them. Dates are hard to nail down due to weather and the environment, but this year we look to define 2-week windows at least 120 days in advance… If your interested in supporting any of these events please replay via the form at the bottom below.
- Selling raffle tickets at the Denver Fly Fishing Show
- Support Project Healing Waters by their selling raffle tickets at the Fly Fishing Film Tour on February 3th.
- Harvesting Willow cuttings
- Planting Willow cuttings on the Dream Stream ( Goal: 30,000 cuttings planted)
- Fin Clipping at Mt Shavano hatchery. This supports a CPW experiment in 11-Mile Reservoir to improve your fishing. This will be a 4 or 5 day event and will be either the first or second week in August…. These are the fish that run the Dream Stream in the spring.
- Dates to be announced
- There will be several work days on Bear Creek to protect the Greenback Cutthroat Trout
- Backpacking Greenbacks into new prepared streams.
- Educational opportunities to speak with students about our mission
- Fence Repair on the South Platte and/or tributaries
- Many more!!!!
Volunteer using the form below to be notified when project come about. You decide at that time if it is something of interest to you.
Looking back 2017 turns out to have been a very busy year for us. Below you will see the list of successfully completed 2015 projects.
- Denver Fly Fishing Show
- Denver International Sportsmen’s Show
- CMCTU teaching students at Colorado College how to tie flies. Classes held on January 25th, February 1st, 8th, and 22th, and March 1st, 8th.
- F3T Fund Raising Event for Project Healing Waters
- Fly Tying Demo @ Banning Lewis Ranch Academy
- Royal Gorge Anglers Anniversary
- Leadville Federal Fish Hatchery
- Stratmore Hills Elementary Fly Fishing &Trout Conservation
- Muley day; Fly tying & Fly Casting
- Tour Bear Creek
- Meet with CPW
- Leadville Hatchery visit
- Visit Bear Creek
- Fin Clipping
- Visit Lake Zimmerman and George Creek
- Mono Line Recycle
- Women’s Cast & Blast
- Brew Bear Creek Porter
- Release of BCP
- CTU Greenback / Gomo grant meeting in Denver
- Lake George mine reclamation
- Duck Island weed mitigation
- Knight- Imler Fence Repair and Noxious Weed Spraying
- Hike Bear Creek
- Bear Creek Clean up
- Hike to Jones Park
- Mt Shavano Hatchery
- Trout in the Community display at Anglers Covey