Donate via Grocery Store Gift Cards
PPCTU has an agreement with the two major grocery store chains for receiving a 5% donation for every dollar spent at King Soopers or loaded onto a Safeway gift card.
How does the Safeway/Albersons program work?
- Step One: PPCTU purchases the gift cards and sells them to members at face value. Contact the program coordinator (Terry Deaton @ email@example.com to get your reloadable Albertsons/Safeway gift cards.
- Step two: Members and family reload their card(s) with any amount up to $500 before grocery store scanning begins (remember this has to be a separate transaction).
- Step three: PPCTU earns 5% on the amount of those reloads. You continually reload your gift cards using credit cards, debit cards, cash, or check.
- Sign in to your digital account.(Log In)
- Go here to search for your organization
- Enter the name or RG751 the PPCTU number.
- Select PPCTU from the list and click “Save.”
How does this benefit PPCTU and you?
- 5% of every dollar loaded onto the card will be given back to PPCTU.
- PPCTU will be given 5% on a monthly basis for each $5000 (as a group) loaded onto the members’ cards. So that’s $250 for every $5000 that is reloaded onto the gift cards!
- Any amount less than $5000 will be rolled over to the next month.
- Buy cards for friends and family to help PPCTU achieve our annual fundraising goals!
How can the cards be reloaded?
- At the same register where you are purchasing your groceries BEFORE you begin ringing up your groceries (this MUST be a separate transaction but the funds will be available immediately.)
- Or, at the customer service desk (there is a 5 minute delay before the funds will be available) in the amount of $5 to $500.
- The cards can be reloaded as often as you’d like.
What happens if you lose your card or it is stolen?
- If your card is lost or stolen, your money isn’t gone (unless someone finds it and uses it immediately). The balance can be retrieved from the computer, your old number retired, and a new card is issued with the balance from your lost card. You will need to get a new card from the PPCTU program manager as the issued cards from the store cannot be linked to PPCTU.
What happens if your card becomes demagnetized?
- Continue to use the card (cashier will need to manually enter the card number) until all the money has been used on that card. Then get a new card from the program manager.
What happens if the card isn’t reloaded and the balance is $0?
- If your card has $0 balance for 90 days, the card will be canceled. You will need to get a new card from the program manager.
Additional Information for King Soopers Neighborhood Reward Fundraising Gift Cards:
- Cards are accepted at affiliated stores throughout the U.S. These include Kroger, Fed Meyer, Ralphs, Fry’s and Fry’s Marketplace, King Soopers, Dillons, Smith’s Food and Drug, City Market, QFC, Food 4 Less, Owen’s, Foodsco., Hilander, Pay-Less, Cala-Bell, Baker’s Jayc, Fred Meyer Jewelers, Littman & Barclay Jewelers. Also Loaf and Jug!
- There are four ways to obtain the balance of your gift card: 1) the balance will be printed on the bottom of your cash register receipt, 2) visit www.gcbalance.com, 3) call (866) 822-6252, and 4) your cashier may check your balance.
Additional Information for Albertsons/Safeway Community Giving Card Fund Raiser Program:
- Card can be used at any Albertsons, Safeway, Randall’s, Tom Thumb, Pavillion’s, VONS, and Carr’s. Note: in California Tom Thumb is not a Safeway company.
- For card balance call 1-888-413-5003.
- Albertsons/Safeway Gift Cards can be used for postage stamps, gift cards and fuel sales.
- They may not be used for Money Orders, Western Union or Lottery tickets.